Skip to main content

Really Random Thoughts About Today

NOLA dodged the Gustav bullet, I guess. Of course, the day of Katrina they said the same thing. Not until the day after did the soup bowl break and the deluge rushed in. It's still iffy there, I reckon. Lots of walls leaking excessively now and one dirt levee ready to blow "at any minute." Of course, at any minute since I first heard that breaking news story about six hours ago.

I don't give a shit that Sarah Palin's kid is knocked up or even how far along the pregnancy. Or anything about any of the Palin ménage really. I just hope for Sarah to completely disappear from the scene in a couple of months anyway. Sarah who?

I will say that I don't know what the hell whichever kid's dilemma has to do with her being McCain's VP pick regardless. I wouldn't doubt either that maybe she might actually be Trig's granny, despite her laying claim to Mom. Maybe Bristol is a slut for all I know. But again, I couldn't care less and I don't think it matters either way.

Laura Bush grunts a lot. I watched her brief speech at the RNC this afternoon, abbreviated as was the rest of today's originally planned agenda. Following practically every sentence interrupted by raucous Republican applause, while she reveled in those moments, each time she would make this weird throaty sound like a rooting pig with its snout in a slop bucket. Ultra sensitive microphone, perhaps. I never noticed her doing that before, I hope not to ever again. Nothing online seems to pick that up, but watching it live, well ... oink.

Google is launching its own web browser to compete with, rather than just ripping off, either Internet Explorer or Firefox source codes. Coolness. The beta version is planned to be released tomorrow, and I'll be one of the first to download. Well, probably not a first, depends on when I get up. But whenever, I can't wait to give it a whirl.

Lastly, I seem to be suffering a gnat infestation lately. Kind of big ones swarming my computer screen every night. I never kill bugs, not even spiders, but I finally did tire of these winged little bastards and confess to a squashing spree these past few nights. I have no idea wherefrom they appear. Oh yeah, and I also stepped on a baby rabbit today, but that was an accident. Newborn bunnies are not very attentive, nor are they so much hoppers apparently. I feel bad.

What I'm listening to this evening, I do enjoy me some Mudvayne.

Mudvayne - Happy?

Comments

  1. I never kill my friendly house spiders ... they help with my real problem of these annoying itty-bitty black ants. These guys are everywhere here.

    The bunny thing was enough to make one feel bad. Here where I live, early in the morning especially, they are all over the place. I dodge and weave like crazy on the way to work. So far I haven't run over any. Sure would ruin my day if I ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug R,
    Too bad about the bunny... How sad. My sister is a cat lover and ran over a cat once. She was broken up for awhile. My hubby puts the bugs outside too. You have such a good heart. I agree with your entire post too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I don't kill bugs either! And since you brought up the subject.....I did have a scary roach experience this summer; I was able to get it out the door alive (I was screaming the whole time) while it rode on my swiffer. The next night, and I think it was the same one, it flew! at me while I was trying to unlock the front door.

    Anyway, I just heard Laura Bush grunt! You're right! It was barely audible, but I heard it. It must be a nervous tic- it sounded more froggy than piggy to me.

    Sorry about the bunny. Was it outside or one of your pets?

    Haha...they're doing a tribute to Reagan at the RNC and they just said he made it as a B actor! Did they really have to add the B? It was funny to hear in a tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed, too, again, Laura's grunting this evening! It wasn't quite so noticeable and probably was more froggy than piggy tonight, but yesterday ... yikes. The bunny, well, I'm having mower problems but got it running again, and there's a part of the yard that's practically a meadow that Mama Bunny apparently thought was a safe haven, so I just happened to misstep I guess and squash. I guess that's better than whacking it with the mower, though. I did feel bad.

    I honestly, seriously, could not even bring myself to watch the Reagan tribute thing tonight, I had to switch off to something else. I had just endured listening to Bush, and back to back with a Reagan segment a bit too much for my gag reflex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her grunting is a cry for help, like morse code. You STEPPED on a baby rabbit? Both Dougs have baby bunnies about? Cool. Oh, I would sqeeze them, wait, stand down Diane, do they bite? Doug R, you must have very big, er, feet. Never killed an animal but my $%^& brother cut off the head of a rabbit and sat it on my bedroom windowsill when I was 10. sniff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane! That was funny! "Morse code." HA!

    Doug, aw...poor bunny. I will be sending you "If bunny/rabbit shows up" later...so be on the lookout.

    GNAT! Us too here! In the house...they are making homes in my ONLY two indoor plants. Teeny weeny annoying little things. Bout outside in your yard!? There have been so many FLIES for weeks! No matter how "poopless" the yard is etc. I thought it was just us, but when I walked the dog the other day I noticed other houses (their hedges etc) full of flies! What is up? Makes me feel like it's a "message" of "decay?" I KNOW! I don't like to have thoughts like that either, but it is just plain weird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, one less bunny, but not so much due to big feet, it was very tiny. And slow. But I do have HUGE feet, just for the record (okay, not really, but you know what they say, and I do have an ego.)

    I'm also glad to learn that I'm not the only one insect-infested. Message of decay hadn't crossed my mind, but now that you mention it, it's a little worrisome I guess. Plain weird, though, is right. I've never been so buggy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o