Skip to main content

Happy Birthday?

Today is my kid's birthday, she turns twenty-two. That's very disturbing somehow. I really had no problem with all of the played up birthdays so far, like the thirteenth, the eighteenth, even the twenty-first. Don't know why, but somehow this meaningless one aggravates the crap out of me.

I think maybe it's because she's now entered into that phase of none to look forward to other than those to dread, validating getting older and when one starts knowing their own mortality. Thirty is the next biggie, and then of course from there on out it goes by decade.

Shit, she can't be so old already. Or maybe it's not so much about her as what this bodes for me. Criminy! If she only had not have been born so damn premature as she was I would at least have had another couple of months to maybe adjust to the idea of this. Nah, it would have still caught me off guard whenever, I know.

But still, it doesn't really seem all that long ago visiting her incubator at the NICU on a daily basis, or buying Cabbage Patch doll clothes for her when she could finally be brought home (too big even those were, and rather scratchy too! Certainly not designed for comfort.)

Now she's not only fully all growed up, but it's downhill from here on out. Well, I mean as far as the looking forward to birthdays goes. So yeah, probably not so much about her as about me today really. Maybe mostly just wondering ... if I'm so old already, when or even will I ever grow up myself? I sadly enough don't foresee that happening, at least not any time soon.

Oh well, whatever, Happy Birthday anyway, Sugar Bear! This one's for you, you'll get it although everyone else will probably find it only odd and possibly even a wee bit creepy. Crank it up.

3 Doors Down - Kryptonite

Comments

  1. Thanks Dad. I love you! And the song is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Sweet! Happy Birthday Megan! As Erika said, "Libra's rock!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you, sug. memories, huh? thanks fan and rain, too, my daughter does seriously rock, couldn't be prouder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday Megan! Sorry I missed the party! Hope the cake was chocolate AND that Dad behaved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad doesn't know how to behave, just an FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Megan, your dad rocks! I never had a dad, you are one lucky daughter! Happy happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o