Skip to main content

Wrong of Me I Know, My Cynicism Showing

Britain’s Court of Appeal overturned a lower court's ruling already having decided that a certain guy, Stephen English, was not entitled to file a homophobic harassment charge against his former employer because he is in fact married, ipso facto totally straight. Now though he's good to go on legally pleading his beef, so to speak.

The English guy filed his original complaint alleging homo harassment that began when his co-workers discovered he had been educated at a boarding school and also that he lived in Brighton, apparently like Frisco's sister city from across the pond. Who knew about the boarding school connection, but okay, apparently the both together screaming gayest of the gay.

Anyway, somehow I find this amusing, both that this married lady-loving guy cared as much to be so offended and then quitting his job even over some name-calling and taking the matter before court in the first place.

Also that when they obviously rebuffed his hoped for ruling, to go ahead and bother bringing it on again to the higher up court for appealing. When divas don't get their way, better watch out.

He claims to having been forced to quit his job at some awning manufacturing company because they refused to shut up his fellow employees from calling him a faggot and stuff, and how that final straw was when the company’s newsletter pointed out him having attended the Brighton’s Gay Pride parade while wearing those skin-tight Lycra cycling shorts.

Okay, well ... I suppose now he will be eligible for yet another day in court after all, arguing why he should be meted out some sort of monetary reward, this straight upstanding family man having been forced out from his lucrative career in the manufacture of awnings because of ostensibly rampant albeit petty insults.

Hell, I've been called faggot before, didn't occur to me how it could have warranted quitting a job I hated anyway, in hoping for whatever sort of payoff instead. And I too was married back in those days!

Guess I just never thought to show up in Lycra shorts to any manner of public fairy parade, or I might as well have opted for trying raking in similar legal plunder. Stupid me, never with a plan until it's too late, always only in hindsight.

So best of luck, and congrats on that appeal and a second chance now for proving why the clichéd tagging costed your job and warrants financial reparation for damages, Steve. I only regret that I was not so ingenious as you way back when.

Not that it would have mattered much, my ex-wife would have ultimately ended up with it just the same after all those monthly alimony payments, me having been caught in that rather compromising position with another guy.

Just a heads up there, dude, reminder for best keeping certain things on the down low if in fact you do manage to win this next time around and want to keep some coin, you know what I mean.

Certainly not assuming anything, mind you, but I'm saying just in case. Also probably a good idea to scrap the Lycra altogether, and maybe consider moving somewhere more butch than Brighton.

Comments

  1. As I read, I was thinking the same kind of..."Lot of trouble to go through just because someone called you a name?" "Most times" but of course not all, and I am NOT an advocate of violence either...a man would just throw a few punches and would have gotten his name in the "newsletter" that way, wouldn't have had to quit a job he hated etc.

    Now to the "real story." (?) Being in the newsletter for the reasons he was? I am not gay OR male, and I think I would do something "legal" about it. Who knows. This reminds me of that comic "Bizarro World," and indeed it is, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, in proofreading AFTER posting (don't ask me why I do it that way sometimes if I proofread at all...) I see I didn't add after saying he wouldn't have to quit because he would have been fired I am sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o