Skip to main content

Enough Guilt To Go Around


All righty, I said I am done here but this story pissed me off so much I couldn't just leave without venting. This whole thing has too much kindling getting my dander all fired up to not have to point it out. I don't think that really made much sense, but anyway.

So last November here in the big city (that would be over a year ago in 2007) this local guy Wilfredo Pujols got drunk and drove. Hard to believe, I know, but yes some of us idiots still do that sort of thing despite all of the PSAs and stuff warning about how bad.

Anyway, he accidentally while under the influence bashed into some other car en route to wherever he was headed and that car then ending up in his way, rammed it a second time knocking through a clear path though, like you do.

Well then, that was certainly worthy of someone phoning in a report, so it wasn't too long thereafter that the cops were called upon and soon spotted his intoxicated and veering self later on, giving chase!

The high-speed highway variety sort of pursuit, until Willy took off at an exit and then also running a red light, ran over and killed 17-year-old high school student Christopher Cooper who downright picked the wrong time to go out bicycling on that particular evening.

So the drunk car driver dude kept on going until eventually losing control and careening off the roadway crashed into a tree, he and his shotgun-riding brother trying to run away before getting caught up with soon afterwards.

He did plead guilty ultimately to second degree murder of the boy on the bike, and to resisting the arrest, and to the two counts of leaving the scenes of both of those earlier accidents, and also to his driving while intoxicated.

For whatever reason, however, his driving while intoxicated charge was totally dismissed. I don't know why, maybe they considered that an irrelevant point and just some priming of the pump leading up to the rest of the evening's mayhem. In any case, I found that fact particularly annoying.

But stay tuned, there's more. Hats off to the boys in blue who kept on the tail of those bad guys, also for the apprehensions and calling the culprits to account. Kudos are in order, I guess, although I generally do hate the cops.

On the other hand, fuck you other constabulary assholes. That dead kid from the bike? Well, other badged county mounties on the scene along with the ambulance guys there just kind of stood around and let the boy bleed to death while doing nothing at all whatsoever.

He bled to death because they concluded he wasn't worth the troubling over apparently, decided his condition was not worth even assessing to bother trying to staunch whatever hemorrhaging and to get his conditon maybe under control.

So while Chris Cooper lay dying, a certain officer's dash cam captured the cops laughing there and one saying, "They're like roaches, man, they don't die." While no one even bothered to help the boy bleeding out, wondering aloud instead what was taking him so long to kick the bucket. He only an innocent victim out for a bike ride to an unfortunate end.

Hey, I'll tell you what, I'd be more than willing to let go my frustration of them letting the bad guys off the DUI thing having already confessed and ready to be charged with the rest of the stuff including the boy's murder, if only someone from the police force and EMS crowd might be held accountable also for just standing aside and letting this kid die.

They, in my opinion, have every bit as much blood on their hands as the guy behind the wheel and should all stand trial alongside one another, for whatever second degree murder charges in the death of this teenager. Glad when I heard today the family of Christopher Cooper is suing their despicable asses to be held culpable for standing aside doing nothing leaving their roach son to finally die.

Also pisses off that I suppose to sensationalize this mess, the media pointing out that Wilfredo is a cousin of St. Louis Cardinals' first-baseman Albert Pujols. And what that matters or how that might be relevant, I have no clue, but evidently news and noteworthy.

Finally, too, that this happened in November 2007. Why so long for the dude to be scheduled to stand trial and face charges not until this upcoming April in 2009? Hell, I don't get so much lag time for even a traffic ticket.

Maybe on the upside, it could allow for those do-nothing cops and ambulance riffraff to might also now be invited joining up with that same defense party, too, the more the merrier.

Comments

  1. WOW! I don't understand why the EMS didn't get the kid help. What an awful story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the dash cam video, not very flattering them laughing and the comments made, while the kid just laid there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, I get so sick of this type of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm psyched your back! Don't stay away for long. You're my daily drug. I'd hate to choose another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sickening, Doug, yes. I know it's only a local story here but you know not uncommon. And for fan, well, I'm weak I'll be around I know that really, but thanks, I'd hate for you to choose another drug of choice. But if ever opt to diversify I can probably give over some digits for pretty much anything to help out. :-) I know people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn. Awful. I agree, those cops should have to "pay" somehow too.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everything you said, right up until you said, "Glad when I heard today the family of Christopher Cooper is suing their despicable asses to be held culpable for standing aside doing nothing leaving their roach son to finally die".
    Christopher is not a roach. Please don't call him that. He deserved care at that time, and they denied it. He also deserved dignity in his last moments, and they took that too by calling him a roach and then laughing.
    We miss you, angel baby. We love you so very much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o