Skip to main content

"Seal up your lips, and give no words but mum." - Shakespeare

I have become way too wordy lately, I realize that. Wordy, verbose, prolix, diffuse (thank you Sirs Merriam and Webster for those synonyms) ... basically I simply always am using way more words than necessary to pass along my random thoughts about whatever happens to be going on within my own warped head.

And there I go again, see what I mean? I know, it's ridiculous! It has just become my latest bad and exceedingly annoying habit. I can't seem to keep it in check as is sadly business as usual for me.

I blame it largely on my most recent addiction to the podcast thing, being long-winded does not lend itself over very well to the follow-up blog post. So here's the deal, I've conducted a personal intervention with me, myself and I, and have decided on shutting up completely for the time being, quitting everything cold turkey.

It's for the best probably. Although I might need to break some fingers to manage staying away from the blogging, keeping them intact long enough to duct tape my mouth shut first off. But it's all for the greater good. Tough love on myself. Of course I'll leave enough fingers to at least manage other sorts of the not-so-tough self loving. I may be rather chatty but I'm really not that stupid.

I'm done I think with both the blogging and the podcasting thing for now, I've spiralled way out of control. My opinions don't account for anything much at the end of the day anyway, I understand that.

But sometimes the shortest of rides are the funnest and this one of the furibundum kind has been the sweetest for me if only for awhile. My reason for putting on the brakes, obvious from this post even.

Comments

  1. I totally understand, we all need a break every now and then. I hope you won't stay away too long. Sending you much love and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't the bitchy post I had in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still bitchy, believe me, beyond words to post anymore these days though, I'm done for now. I'm trying to quit using the word 'fuck' so much, maybe when I get that under control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this certainly saddens me. But I do understand. I wish you well and also hope you return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gees, we crashed on the same day--freaky. I think I'll pod cast...do I need a reel? Maybe the race did us in. I will wait for you, my friend. Forget me not. Nor I you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o