Skip to main content

Mystery Gifter

Surprise to me! I had a very unexpected opportunity this evening to actually watch the movie that I blurbed about the other day. The one about George W. Bush being shot dead.

Fantastic flick, definitely deserving of every award won!

I mentioned in the comments on that post that I thought it funny how despite hardly any commenting, traffic stats certainly did spike with that "Death of a President" movie title. Hmmm. Interesting.

[As an aside, did you know that from 1840 until now every president elected in a year ending in zero was assassinated or died while in office? Except for Reagan, of course, but even he at least took a shot. Tecumseh's curse might have been broken with that one. Then again, November is still months away and there are exceptions to rules ... so maybe to curses too? Okay, I should stop now.]

Anyway, back to the movie. Highly recommended! And muchas gracias to whichever of the Muñoz mailed to me the DVD!

Going through my mail today there was this package betwixt the routine final notice and disconnect letters and stuff, blah blah blah, bulky and hard. And I do like bulky and hard.

I didn't recognize the return name nor address, someone from somewhere in Texas. But it was hand-addressed to me so of course I was intrigued. Maybe even a wee bit excited.

It could have been anthrax-tainted for all I cared, still certainly a welcome reprieve from the rote letters I've become accustomed to.

I ripped open that bubble wrap kind of shipping envelope to find ... the president dead on DVD! Merry fucking Christmas in July!

So to whomever the mystery gifter, I got it and many thanks indeed!

On the other hand, the fact that they tracked down so easily my address (with zip +4 even) is a bit disconcerting. Damn that I'm the lone Doug Robertson listed in KCMO at WhitePages.com!

(The link is blatantly intentional. I'm clearly not so disconcerted, really. I sometimes lie. In fact, feel free to send more presents.)

Just so you know, I am keeping the envelope in case it might need be entered into evidence at a later date for whatever reason. FYI.

Same caveat to all future benefactors, but please do not let that in any way stop you from gifting. Think Acts 20:35, and be blessed.

Seriously, though, I was truly touched to know someone took the time and made the effort to send to me the movie. Sincere thanks.

Comments

  1. Doug,

    That's so cool, to receive a gift in the mail like that. Blog about wanting to go to Hawaii and maybe you'll receive some free plane tickets...LOL!

    My gift should reach you sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So it was a good movie? Guess it's at Netflix now? I will check it out. And Woohoo to you for having been gifted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain - Yes, I was totally surprised and it was cool, and will from now on definitely throw in a suggestion or two of my wants and wishes. (Hawaii, probably not so much. I'd love to go there, but flying over water freaks me out and there are no Greyhound routes.)

    Lumina - Yes, it is a fantastic movie, in my opinion even better after the whole dead Bush part that is so hyped. I'm sure it's on Netflix, I'm guessing. The movie is from 2006.

    Diane - Amen! Spiritual principle that never fails ever. Weird maybe to bring up in context of this giving being about the killing of the president, but whatever. You're right, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o