Skip to main content

Glenn Miller, Fools Rush In


I don't know exactly how much national attention has been given this, other than maybe a blurb here or there, but it's getting quite a bit of buzz around here in the Kansas City area, a campaign ad airing on local radio station 980 KMBZ.

It's from one particular, xenophobic assclown Glenn Miller, who registered as a write-in candidate to replace retiring state senator Kit Bond. Miller also once ran the White Patriot Party, fun fact there. And so here ya have it:
[audio here in separate window]
"Hey, white man. 100 million more dark aliens are coming to America. Google 'the next hundred million' for proof. In 1960 white people were 90% of the population. Today, truth be told, we're less than half. Another 100 million foreign mongrels are on the way. But you don't care, do ya, whitey?

"All you care about is satisfying your belly, pocketbook and genitals, or watching the coons play ball on television. The future white children will be a nightmare and you don't care. Your own women and children ought to spit on you every day. Go to whty.org and get involved, and phone me at 417-463-7703."
Except that whty.org has been down quite a lot lately (I choose not to dwell on reasons maybe why), though I did manage to find a link to a cached copy of the page here. Just in case and if you wanna.

Program director at KMBZ, Neil Larrimore, says the station has no choice but to air such commercials from write-in candidates. "The company is required by federal law to run these spots and to do so without any edits. Our hands our tied.".

It could be argued, though, that indeed "KMBZ is a right wing, hate-filled swamp of teabagger bullshit, and that their line-up includes such conservative luminaries as Mark Levin, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and an assorted local group of similar wannabes." Maybe they don't mind so much their hands tied, really.

Comments

  1. Okay, Miller is perhaps a tad more blunt and to the point than the others in the KMBZ lineup. But we know the message is the same. I hadn't heard about this. Here where I live we used to be assaulted with the insane political ads of a local sgregationist politician, J. B. Stoner, whose ads always included liberal use of the "n" word. He infamously claimed that Hitler was "too moderate." Stoner is gone now, but I see there are always new footsoldiers to carry on in the war of hate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't Stoner involved in that church bombing that got some attention, during the Civil Rights movement? Also about Hitler being "too moderate", there is another Miller ad that rants about the Jews as well, cut from the same cloth, these footsoldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point, Stacee. It still did alarm me, though, actually hearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It still did alarm me, though, actually hearing it."
    And that's good; it shows you've not grown cynical.
    I was actually thinking about this while driving home from picking up my little ones from school. I know there are more good people in the world that despise the type of talk Miller espouses. I have to believe that, because knowing there are a lot of Millers is depressing. I'm hoping people like us outnumber them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your memory serves you well. Stoner was behind a church bombing in Birmingham, AL. He was also editor for a racist magazine. A true spokesman for hate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does not surprise me. Two years ago? yes, But now? I didn't even bat an eye when reading it. And I'm a little alarmed about my reaction. I think people are even more bold in airing their real feelings and aren't pretending anymore. The feelings people swore did not exist or were suddenly erased after Obama was elected...

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry--Stacee. Names matter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with Stacey, my attitude is not good about this. I would be in a rage 20 years ago. I also agree that radio station took pleasure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o