Skip to main content

Sarah Let Me Down

Okay, she did all right actually, me trying to be totally non-partisan with the judgment of tonight's performances.

Same thing for him, kind of just okay. The last thirty minutes of the entire debate from the whole ninety minutes worth, for both, were their best shining moments, in my opinion.

So anyway, despite the presto follow-up analyses from every network pundit on the planet (and I've heard already how she is back in the game and proved to be not so stupid after all, to others pointing out her proclivity to switch the question to whatever other issue if she couldn't answer because she's ignorant ... also how he rocked it in explaining directly and clearly where and why he and the boss stand on things, to him bombing big time instead, not making a strong enough case for his party's own platform!)

Fuck the talking heads, I'll make up my own mind.

So personally, going back to partisan again, I think Biden presented excellently tonight, and I could definitely envision him behind that podium speaking as President if worse ever came to worst. Palin, on the other hand, holy crap, not so much! But that's just me.

Still she did surprisingly well, like I said. I'll give her that, even with my apologies for anticipating additional sound bites for the funnies portfolio. It wasn't quite as entertaining as I had hoped for, though.

I'm sure the SNL writers might have a more difficult mission this week than expected to come up with day after tomorrow's next skit, but I'm confident they'll be able to conjure something. I do love my Tina Fey, so hopefully there's at least enough material there to bring her back this week, that's mostly my only wish. I'm shallow.

Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed about not finding very much from tonight for poking fun. Except that I did noticed she's got that same "nucular" impediment as does George W. Bush. And that's really not even so funny as just plain annoying. Pet peeve of mine.

Comments

  1. I felt just the same, Doug. What a let down. Was Biden on Valium? WTF
    A real snoozer. Waste of my time.
    I should have gone to a gay bar instead, at least I wouldn't be bluntly discriminated against there. There goes my bridal registry. %^&*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane - that would have been a much more excellent plan indeed! It was a snoozer overall, I know. Dang, I miss when I used to go to gay bars almost every night, good times. And yep, I still feel both sides are still discriminatory against us queer folks, but I doubt if that will probably ever change in my lifetime. Biden I think did better overall on everything brought up, even on that issue, though, didn't piss me off or anything really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doggone it
    Heck
    Darn

    Those words came out of Palin's mouth. Mild forms of cursing*, I say.

    *I'm holding on to the Republicans-like-to-curse-during-the-debate platform. It's the only thing that keeping me interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Doug, I totally caught the "nucular" thing. I think she said it right once at the end of it. Yeah, I wanted more of a major messup too.

    I thought it was very obvious that she crammed for this and was reciting, more than speaking. I think that's why she kept asking to expand the question; she wanted to get her memorized points in before she forgot again. Supposedly, she did call the General the wrong name and Biden chose not to correct her.

    And did anyone think Biden's eyes looked weird? I thought they looked taped at the outer corners and lifted, but I didn't see the tape. The tape could have been hidden at the hairline?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad she didn't make a complete fool of herself. I feel embarrass for people when that happens. Even for those I don't like that much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erika - yeah, she obviously had to cram for it, everyone knew she'd have to, I was just hoping she'd come up blank when on stage if only for my amusement. Unlike a more considerate person like Rain is, I kind of had hoped she had made a complete fool of herself. :-) But I at least give her credit for not.

    As for Fan, you know me ... I'd like a good bleepin' foul-mouthed debate myself. At least she went as far as Jesus would let her go, what with the witchcraft all prayed out of her and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, and Erika, I noticed, too, that she did get nuclear right that one time near the end. Impressive. And I didn't notice Joe's eyes, probably blinded by how white his teeth! Hers, too. Apparently they all, Palin, Biden, Obama ... keep Crest Whitestrips in business, except for McCain. He actually probably should consider a trip to the Walgreen's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Unlike a more considerate person like Rain is, I kind of had hoped she had made a complete fool of herself."



    LOL! I don't think you were alone.
    I didn't like the winking at all. I guess other women felt the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winking, hell. In the beginning, just the blinking was enough what with those bangs in her eyes flailing around. The winking was annoying, as was the "shout out", for someone in her position in a serious debate. She's an idiot. I watched the whole thing again, less than impressed this time around. I guess I originally knee-jerk just was surprised that she actually did do better than I had expected. And yeah, there was some good material after all for Tina Fey on tonight's SNL after all, the only highlight of that show these days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o