Skip to main content

Et tu, John? Welcome to the Club!

Look, no links whatsoever! Bad for SEO and all that, but hardly worth my time or effort. Google if you've spent today under a rock.

So John Edwards was porking that (ahem) campaign videographer chick with the fake name, Reille Hunter. Probably still is, that's my guess. I don't care. Can't say that I blame her for giving it up, he does have a fantastic smile and nice hair that I wouldn't mind mussing myself. Really one of the hottiest in the political pool.

You'd think she might have at least taken away from these trysts if nothing else some beauty tips, but that was apparently not so much the priority at the time. Have you seen the woman? Yikes.

All right, so he came clean to Elizabeth a couple of years ago about the whole very tsk-tsk affair and then after his remorseful repentance and her getting over the subsequent scorned-woman-eye-gouging-and-probably-some-nut-crushing rage, they apparently agreed to sweep it all under the rug. Kiss and make up. Time for healing. Private matter, no one else's business, mum's the word.

Oh yeah, and then two years after that "very brief" foray into infidelity way back when, by his own admission paid another visit just last month to the trollop of his past gallivanting, unbeknownst to Liz. Just to say "hey" probably. Hey lasting until three in the morning.

Whatever. Bad John Boy! I agree. Just like when Bill was getting sucked off in the Oval Office and shoving cigars up where in my opinion nothing should really ever be put (admittedly my own personal sentiment.) Unacceptable behaviors indeed. But still.

Should it really be so surprising? No. Would I still have voted for Edwards had he won my party's nomination? Yeppers. I liked his platform a lot and I think he would have made a great president.

If some dirt-digger scooped that Obama was doing some Nubian princess on the side (or Norwegian princess, he could fancy either way) it would not change my vote. Sure it would be disappointing, but still I would do my part to hire the best candidate for the job.

People fuck up. Sometimes literally, with those they ought not be fucking in the first place, but not by any means can this be deemed uncommon behavior whatever anyone's chosen profession.

I had an affair once many years ago when I was still pretending my women-lovin'. I lied about it, too. It's what the Adultery Handbook suggests one does when caught. Pretty iffy whether it works so well or not, but always hope for the best and at least it's worth a shot.

Plus my wife was bigger than me and I feared potential bodily injury. She did put on some pounds after a few years of marriage, that's all I'm saying. I should shut up, she's still out there somewhere.

So really, any big surprise here? Hardly partisan the indiscretions. You've got neocon anti-gay politicians soliciting blow jobs in boy bathrooms at airports, highfalutin right-wing homophobic Christian leaders hooking up with male prostitutes (meth a perk) and of course, the lefty former president's humidor experimenting and unfortunate bad aim (damn that blue dress.) Now the Edwards thing.

Only the tip of the iceberg, but a few recent examples both red and blue, fair and balanced like FOX. What I don't understand is what I've been hearing from some pundits all day how this is going to hurt the Democratic party's chances for a November victory. Edwards isn't even the candidate, after all. He's for all intents and purposes now just another one amongst many common philandering bastards ... albeit more handsome than most of the rest of us.

Okay, so it's fun to point fingers when others screw up and get caught, I enjoy it as much as anyone else. Particularly at politicians. But come on, bottom line they're all lying hypocrites on some level. I think it's a job requirement. Then again, whom amongst us lesser-prominent folks don't from time to time make shit up to save our guilty asses for some transgression or another? I plead guilty.

Seether - Fake It

Comments

  1. I'm with you. If something like this came out of Obama's closet...disappointed yes...change vote? No way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about politicians: "they're all lying hypocrites on some level."

    This petty little "hero worship" is very immature, but a staple of right-wingism. That's what makes their Obamamessiah campaign such a hoot to those of us who have rational minds.

    But the adultery thing is, to me at least, a serious character issue. I think there is a difference between a white lie designed to save your butt and the outright living of a double life. It shows a person doesn't have good judgement and is shady in character.

    If Obama were found to be dallying around, I think such a scandal would sink his candidacy and Hillary would be nominated. And I would then vote for her.

    The Bush/Cheney adminsitration has made lying and scandals an art form. The hypocritical inconsistences we all face in our personal lives do not compare to blatant dishonesty and lack of moral fiber.

    Guess I'm still a bit old fashioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd still vote for him.


    I LOVED your "Good Night, John Boy" column when he left the race. I never forgot it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug R,
    I agree with all you points. I think each of us has weaknesses. I do believe in marriage and I do believe that people should be faithful. I also believe that not all politicians are hypocrites..I'll believe that until they give me a reason not to. Just like not all married men or women cheat. My sister is a lesbian and every last one of her girlfriends has cheated on her. Am I to believe that all lesbians are unfaithful...Of course not. It's not about gender, it's about character. Funny how people fail to question the character of the woman who knowing slept with Edwards. She knew damn well he was married.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lies speak to character. I would NOt vote for Obama and I refuse to say it is ok for our society and our elected officials to sink us all to the lowest level of our least common denominator, a COWARD cheats, I don't need a coward a MY representative. In other countries you have a lover, so what, but no lies about it. Here, you get a divorce; but men must pay child support---ooooo, they run/hide like the cowards they are.
    My expectations of the people I vote for are higher than those for my mail carrier. I don't plan on lowering that bar anytime soon. It is low enough. Stay "old fashioned" my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Different takes on this from all over the board. We can all I presume at least agree to hope that Obama stays a good boy so we'll all be on the same page in November. One thing that seems to be in common here.

    And thanks, bupkis, for the compliment! And for remembering it even!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I leave the self-righteousness to bible thumpers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thumbs up to edwards fan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o