Skip to main content

One Rare Flake

This quite clearly is no ordinary, run of the General Mill variety corn flake! Nosiree Bob!

This, my friends, can be considered nothing short of cereal phenomena. The resemblance is uncanny indeed.

(Squint if you must, and feel free to stretch your imagination. See it? Okay, give it some time. Just trust me on this one.)

Box of corn flakes ... $3.99 (prices may vary). State of Illinois rendered à la Kellogg toasted grain ... priceless $1,350.00. So deemed Monty Kerr.

SOLD! To the second biggest Texan idiot. Seriously, folks, you can't make this shit up.
Two sisters from Virginia sold their Illinois-shaped corn flake on eBay Friday night for $1,350.

"We were biting our nails all the way up to the finish, seeing what would happen," said Melissa McIntire, 23. "There's a lot of relief involved."
True story.

Auction winner Monty (which disturbingly points toward other like-minded bandwidth-wasting short bus riders), runs a trivia website with the amusingly ironic tagline "Think you've got the brains?"

He plans to add the corn flake to a traveling museum. Coming soon to your town, you won't to miss this one!

Hopefully he'll have better luck this time around. This is not his first flakey investment; previously he had purchased another corn flake billed as the world's largest, but on delivery found that it had fractured en route. I trust he was reimbursed for the shipping and handling.

Anyway, live and learn. Not taking any chances and to avoid another such unfortunate mishap, he plans instead to dispatch someone to Virginia for personal pick-up and delivery. Fingers crossed, everyone.

And be sure to bookmark your favorite local events calendar, not to let pass that much-anticipated traveling museum tour! The Breakfast Anomalies exhibit will no doubt be a crowd-pleaser.

You'll have to excuse me now. I'm heading on over to eBay. After reading about this, I did some investigating of my own in hope of finding cash in the cupboard.

Lo and behold, I happened upon a Frosted Mini-Wheat that I swear to God looks an awful lot like Colorado, snow-capped and everything! Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. It looks to me like a Native American starting to do something..er...well, you see what you want I suppose. What is it with Ebay and food? Mr. Potato Head is so yesterday, and Matha can make a peach look like Abe Lincoln, if she wants,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a ttue story, no joke. About ten or so years ago I got hungry one day at work and, looking for snack, got a package of zoo crackers out of the vending machine. As I was eating I pulled out two animals (and it has been so long that I have forgotten which two) that were baked together in a position that made them look as if they were copulating. Wish I had kept it. That was before the Ebay craze. Damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain, Doug. Not so much with the food (I'm too busy shoving it in that I seldom pay attention to appearance) but I could kick myself repeatedly for so many things over the years that I've discarded as worthless that I happen to find the object of bidding wars on the bay! My very first school lunchbox, which I remember well, I've found to be worth several hundred dollars now, and we probably paid about 1 buck at Kmart! If only we could see into the future. Coulda shoulda woulda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saved a potato chip that has a star in the center. I'll take a pic and post it on my blog. I've had it for about a year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o