Skip to main content

Dead Bunny, Alive Again Jesus, Happy Belated Easter

Well, I suppose you could call it a resurrection of sorts, or at least a make-believe one. Martha Stewart got a dead rabbit for Easter, stuffed into what she says was the most beautiful Easter basket ever. "Stuffed" being the key word, a taxidermic bunny. You can click here for a look-see on Martha's blog. I'd copy it, but frankly the bitch scares me and I'm afraid to pilfer her stuff. Also, that rabbit is just plain creepy.

She also got an iPad, which made reading the comments there entertaining; her blogger buddies should learn specificity, which exactly of the uncalled-for two they were commenting about. At least for me it was amusing, but then again I'm admittedly depraved. "My husband really wants one of these just to try out & see what it's like ... Enjoy it and let us know how it is!" Heh. Oh well, I thought it was funny anyway.

Of course, Jesus wasn't just pretend resurrected, He raised up from the dead for real; no Evolution (← they did Martha's hare) to account for that, a one-off Divine quirk, that was. Which is why there is Easter, after all, to celebrate His Resurrection from being executed a couple of days before, getting for us eternal life notwithstanding our bad selves.

So that's very cool, to be sure, and definitely something deserving a day set aside, commemorating Him doing that for the mess of us. My preferred way of celebrating is with lots of blue Peeps and lots more Natty Light, thank you, Lord. This year, though, now that I am unfortunately sober, Easter just wasn't quite the same as past ones. To tell you the truth, I would contend that redemption really is best enjoyed under the influence, but c'est la everlasting vie.

All right, I had intended to write mostly about Jesus instead of what I ended up with here. Martha Stewart's fault I veered totally off-course, with that freak show Easter basket, candy and carrion. So I'll do my Jesus jabber later on, and leave it for now with belated happy Easter wishes (or happy Passovers and whatever other Sundays to the heathen remainder), hoping everyone had an awesome day. It's 5 a.m., going to bed now, probably have nightmares. Later.

Comments

  1. You aren't the only one scared of Martha. There wasn't one PETA comment in the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Easter, D-Ro. I hope your basket is always filled with nothing but good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this at 7am and it is 9:45PM---what a day, finally I can comment. Martha scares the crepe out of me! The fact that she was a Diva in prison with the other dykes, er, ladies, speaks volumes. I would never cross her, and there you have it---the Jesus connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed that, too! Martha makes good Kool-Aid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds dirty, but I like it, and hope so, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o