Skip to main content

Bin Laden Goes Green, Limbaugh Still An Idiot

Despite the whole of his spiel or whatever the purpose, regardless of anything else he might have had to say, Osama bin Laden's latest audio installment was really pretty much spot on in many respects at the start.

In it he talks about the dangers of global climate change, and how the preponderance of responsibility for the mess lies squarely at the feet of the United States and the Western industrialized nations.

Al-Quaeda à la Al-Gore, you might say. But the similarities between the two of them shouldn't in fact surprise anyone, actually, seeing how that bin Laden is so much a Democrat at heart.

Leave it to Rush Limbaugh to point out this inconvenient truth, check, check, checking off bin Laden's parroting so many of the Democratic party's talking points.

To bin Laden criticizing George W. Bush for rejecting the Kyoto Protocol for benefiting giant corporations, Limbaugh asks, "Does this not sound like an average Democrat? Okay, blame the U.S. and greedy, evil corporations? Check. This is right off the Democrat Party playbook."

Of course, bin Laden is right on those points. The Kyoto Protocol was signed off on by 141 nations, including all European and all other developed industrial countries, excepting the U.S. and Australia, despite GWB's campaign promises in 2000 to regulate CO2; instead he pulled the U.S. out of the Kyoto accords as one of his first acts as president, describing it as an "ever-tightening straitjacket".

In the new tape, bin Laden also brings up Noam Chomsky, saying that he was correct comparing the U.S. policies to those of the Mafia. Apparently, another Democrat notion that we think of America as some sort of global capo crimini, according to Limbaugh: "Okay, cites Noam Chomsky? Check."

In that same gist, bin Laden goes on calling America "the true terrorists" and leaves a nice segue for Limbaugh's calling out yet another, "Check. It's right off the Democrat party's talking points."

Not that Noam Chomsky doesn't raise some good points (I think so anyway), but I would hardly count him a mouthpiece for either party, opposing as he does U.S. foreign policy altogether. In fact, Chomsky supposes that Obama has carried on the Bush status quo, with just a different rhetorical style.

What I thought to be the most goofus were these final two bits. Referring to bin Laden's previous tape, warning that there would be further attacks on the U.S. unless Barack Obama took steps to resolve the Palestinian conflict, comes another Rush gush:

"Oh, Palestinian conflict? Yes. Forget that. That's passe because Obama said, 'I can't fix it; that's too hard.' So, now climate change is where it's at? Check."

I am quite open about being no fan of Israel anyhow, but whatever any president, past, present or future, might try to do fixing up that mess is a waste of time and, in my opinion, misguided. Still, though, I don't recall Obama ever having whined about it being too hard to deal with.

In fact, just for the record, kind of funny Limbaugh getting all snarky about Obama and the Middle East, considering that it was George W. Bush who received the greatest criticism of all the presidents over the past four decades, in dealing with that washout over there.

Finally, Limbaugh ends up with this absurdity, the pièce de résistance, to use his phraseology, just so plainly wrong in so many ways it boggles the mind:

"Now, the Obama administration dismissed bin Laden's comments on the earlier tape and said intelligence analysts had not confirmed that the voice was that of bin Laden. Wait a minute, now. This can't be. This is the pièce de résistance! Is Obama actually now starting to throw doubts on whether bin Laden is alive? The Obama analysts had not confirmed the voice was that of bin Laden. What's that? What's that? Bin Laden may be dead? Is that going to be the lame excuse now for not finding him after more than a year?"

Because never over eight years did we ever hear about Bush's intelligence analysts going to the trouble confirming a bin Laden tape to be legit. That would have just been a stupid thing to do.

No, wait... now that I think about it, it seems that maybe even Bush and his gang of dunderheads weren't quite so deficient as to make comments about the tapes back then, until everything checked out.

That lastest part there, though, about Obama possibly using the "lame excuse" that perhaps Osama is really dead after all, in order to explain away why for we haven't found him yet after "more than a year"... I don't even have the words to go there.

Comments

  1. I've never understood Limbaugh's appeal. He's obviously a pompous idiot. I don't believe he takes himself seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you , Doug B. Funny how some label Rush an "entertainer", shouldn't you be entertaining, to be consider an entertainer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to be more 'out there' all the time. Or maybe I just never paid as much attention to him before, but still, I think he's gotten worse. Maybe he should get back on the hillbilly heroin and settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Still, though, I don't recall Obama ever having whined about it being too hard to deal with."

    He didn't. Course that doesn't stop that lying gasbag Limbaugh from pulling crap out of thin air.
    Ya know, when he had that heart scare, I saw many people on the left wishing him well and even praying for him. Me? Nope. I think he is a hateful person who's karma is long overdue. And to be honest, I hope I am around to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't say that I felt at all guilty about some of the things I've said about the man when he got taken off to the hospital, whatever the outcome. I agree the karma is overdue....

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Rainlillie. Idiot says it all. I love how Rush and that beared guy play to their audience. I wonder if the beared dude hauls in as much money as Rush? They both have guts, and those guts will be both of their deaths.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEARDED geez

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appeal. I must say that you've done a
    amazing job with this. In addition, the blog loads super fast for me on Safari.
    Superb Blog!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post - easy weightloss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o