Skip to main content

Obama's Backup

All right, I know I said I was sick of all the media veepstakes speculation and ramblings. But I did hear this evening that apparently Obama is on the verge of announcing his pick! Very excited about that for some reason. If nothing else, it should cut at least in half all the veep chatter, but mostly I just really need to know.

From what I heard anyway, he arrived at his choice last week while getting leied in Hawaii. Apparently the chosen one is still oblivious, however, so I suppose I'll most likely have to wait to find out until after Barack's people have called whoever the other's people, but I do hope they make that connection sooner rather than later.

I don't know why this pleases me so. I think mostly because I've been holding off on a bumper sticker until I can get one with both mates' names. I felt like such a loser driving around town with my John Kerry solo sticker back when, what with everyone else sporting the later Kerry-Edwards printing. I could have upgraded for a buck and some change but I'm pitifully cheap. So I'll patiently wait and see this time around, albeit patience is a virtue I do struggle with.

Shoot me in the head or put me on meds if you must, but I'm personally still crossing my fingers for Ms. Hillary. I think that might just be a winning ticket to bring home the gold this year, which I strongly believe should be the utmost priority here.

Shut up. It could happen. Okay, probably not. Either way, I really can't wait to learn which of the pack will end up pick of the litter.

Comments

  1. You know, having had the benefit of time since her offensively bad behavior during the primary season, I have found myself leaning towards Hillary for VP. It was a bloody rift between her and Obama, but hey, if Reagan could forgive and forget G. H. W. Bush's "voodoo economics" bit (and a Reagan/Ford ticket was actually mulled over before that), why not Obama/Clinton? Obama would greatly benefit from having her supporters enthusiastically on board. Not only that, but Hillary does have some impressive credentials that would round out the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, can't believe what I'm reading here, from the "Clintons begone" guy. I spewed my fair shair of crap about the way she handled the primaries, too, but I still think it might be advantageous to the party to have the Obama-Clinton ticket (I like the sound of it.) And I do like her, and without her name there we've got that whole group of crazy bitches who were on her team now vowing to vote for McCain out of spite, and I really don't want that. And like you mention about the Reagan-Bush thing (don't remember Ford being a consideration, interesting) certainly not unheard of and like in the video with Kennedy and Johnson, to overcome (or at least overlook) the difference to come up with a winning ticket. Whatever happens, I have confidence he'll make a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday the day seems to be the buzz, I'm anxious to know. I'd like Biden a lot, but I specifically heard him say once, pretty adamantly, that he did not want the job whatsoever. He did say if asked, he'd accept, though so that might be promising, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Biden or Clark will satisfy me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto on Clark as well. I'm thinking it will either be Biden despite what he has said, or the "surprise" Clinton. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hillary would be a slam dunk. McCain is waiting because if it IS Hillary then he will pick a woman too. Pleez just chews! I can not handle this much foreplay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, I agree Hillary would be a slam dunk! That's why I wish it to go that way. I think there's still a chance, really, after checking out some of the things he's been saying today about it. Then again, I'm not a qualified analyst, so anyway. I agree, though, just choose already! Foreplay is overrated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Georgia outlaws microchip implants: "Just imagine having a beeper in your rectum and your beeper numbers displayed on billboards throughout the city."

Well, that bill passed, the one from Georgia "so as to prohibit requiring a person to be implanted with a microchip," Senate Bill 235 . At least it made its way through the House Judiciary Committee, anyway, next stop the House Rules Committee that decides whether it moves on to the full House vote and (fingers crossed) final passage. I'd think it probably should, taking into account the compelling testimony brought up at this last hearing, from some fat lady about why non-consensual chipping should be made against the law. There she described in detail her own personal experience, with being implanted against her druthers: "I'm also one of the people in Georgia who has a microchip," she began. ("Also one?" There's more of them there?) She went on about the specific disadvantages, how it violates one's "right to work without being tortured by co-workers who are activating these microchips by using their cell phones and other electro

I Think

I think I'm bored blogging. I think I'm done with it. I think what's the point? I think you should check out my blogroll instead. I think they say stuff better anyway.

Hung on the Cross

So what, I'm not very mature for my age. I don't care, I'm easily amused because of it, and I enjoy being amused. Like this picture of a crucifix which was hoisted a couple of months ago above the main altar at the St. Charles Borromeo Catholic church in Oklahoma: I can come up with lots of hilariously inappropriate captions here, some that even I am embarrassed to admit thinking up, despite my unabashed crudity. I would share but probably everyone else is too sophisticated to see the humor. Plus, I really don't want to go to Hell. I'm guessing that there are an awful lot of Okie parishioners down there at the church where this is hung for real, who I reckon wouldn't appreciate my sense of humor about it, either. They are, in general, hugely offended by it instead, because they see nothing funny whatsoever about displaying Jesus' ginormous penis in church, not in the least bit! Seems as though this has caused quite a "deep divide" among members o